Sunday 1 February 2015

Rebased

So I have been working for the past week or so on getting some assault marines sorted out, mainly doing some work on the unit I had allegedly completed already when I noticed the quality of the painting was not really up to scratch as well as getting them ready for rebasing.
As it stands now they are more or less painted and they are glued to the new bases, I just need to take the time to apply the water effect gore to the bases to have them done which I should have done today but I have been distracted with family matters. I did get carried away when working on the replacement bases and got the terminator ones cleaned, primed and painted and when it came to rebasing they seemed a good choice since the bases are that little bit larger to make getting the gore in the right place a little easier.

Here is the end effect of these efforts....




A little finishing work is needed on these and the librarian could do with an additional layer of water effect but the basic feel is there I believe, once I have gored up the close combat weapons and ensured there is sufficient gore on the base they should look pretty good.
The assault marines will be finished in the next couple of days unless something very strange happens and then I will get back to work on the aerial unit of jump pack guys to get them done. After that it is the command squad on their jetbikes who should look awesome when I have their bases sorted out.

With a planned massive apocalyspe battle scheduled for the summer (approximately 20,000 points per side) I have a lot of painting to get done to be ready for it, especially since I have promised myself I am only taking proper completed models with me. Therefore unless I completely lose the track you can expect more frequent updates as I try to keep myself to a painting schedule to get from the current 500 points completed to something closer to 6,000 points by the summer while trying to maintain a reasonable level of quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment