Tuesday 17 February 2015

Konrad Curze - work in progress

I have been working for the past few days on the remaining models I currently own (although I have placed an order for some more) and the main one is Curze. Since I have been making some progress with the painting I thought it would be sensible to upload some in progress shots.
 So first up we have some work being done on the base for Curze, this has been simply given a base coat and then a ink wash, I am intending to add some layers to really create the contrast between the dark crevasses and the surface. The skeleton on the base will be done in a typical bone manner although I am considering a thick coat of gore on it. Once the stonework is the right tone I can add on the two solar suxilia corpses and then a liberal layer of gore which should stand out very nicely against the light stone and the whole thing should be a great contrast to the darkness of Curze's armor.

 This section hides the connection between the display base and the gaming base, it is my intention to magnetise this connection to make the transistion between display and gaming as simple as possible.
 Here is Curze's body with very baseline painting done, he has been primed, base coated, dry brushed and then a layer of clear blue applied. After that I have added some light grey on the bass reliefs on his legs which I am intending to ink wash in a similar fashion to the stonework and then drybrush to lighter colors in the same vein.
 The remaining armor pieces have been primed and base coated, I will be adding dry brush high lights and clear blue soon before getting to work on the detail.

So that's the current position with Curze, still a hell of a lot of work to be done and for the short term I am going to be focusing on the gaming base and Curze himself, the display base can take a bit longer - I have a large game scheduled for a couple of weeks time and my aim is to get everything I can including Curze ready to field for then.


No comments:

Post a Comment