Friday 23 January 2015

Death from above

Following on for completing the first of my corpse bases I have been working hard to make some progress with the assault marines and today I completed the champion of the new squad and to be honest I am really pleased with how he has turned out.






For some reason my flash seemed to decide the lighting was sufficient to not be needed so i do not think all of the detail is showing up perfectly but hopefully this should be sufficient to give an idea of how he turned out.
I always knew I wanted to capture a dynamic pose for this guy and as such i quickly opted to make use of the heavy chainblade which came with the assault marines purchase, trimmed off the blade and added a chainglaive from zealot miniatures and it just leaned towards this highly aggressive stabbing pose. In fact it was the concept for this pose which led me to thinking that I need to modelling the second assault marines squad in aerial poses and I think it has really worked.

I also knew I had to have at least one guy in the army with gauntlets dyed with sinner's red as this has become quite the evocative aspect of night lords lore, I was never intending it to be a numerous thing and it had to be on someone who was not simply rank and file otherwise Curze would have simply killed him, it needed to be at least on a sergeant to justify the delay in the execution and this guy just felt right for it.

So there you go, the first of the second unit of assault marines and the first guy on one of the new corpse field bases, I hope he meets with approval or fear....

No comments:

Post a Comment