Monday 12 January 2015

New bases for the Night Lords

After considering ways I could better capture the style and mood of the Night Lords in my army I came up with the idea of using more atmospheric bases than I have been using, doing some searching I came across the corpse field bases from Secret Weapon which are absolutely awesome. Combining those with some water effect mixed with red paint has created the gore effect on the base. I think some additional coats may be required to add some more depth to the liquid but I think this is setting up to add some really macabre style to the army.


The metal pole coming out of the base is going to be how I attach the first of the second unit of assault marines to the base. I am intending to have these guys in a aerial appearance with the pin connecting the base to the jump pack, the pin will be covered with cotton wool to resemble exhaust fumes with the intention of creating something a bit more dynamic.

Sorry about the lighting on these photo's, just could not seem to get the right set up for them but it should give the tone of what I am aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment