Sunday 3 May 2015

Lord of Mars

I have been making progress with the tech thralls having now completed 20 of them, I had intended to continue working on them but then found out I was out of one of the airbrush paints I have been using.
I have placed an order for some replacement stock but while I wait for that to arrive I decided to get started on the archmagos prime for the mechanicum. I have to admit now i have really started to study the model as I have started to paint it I am spotting more and more beautiful little touches of art in the model, the walking cane for the archmagos, the various additional set's of hands manipulating devices and such like. Forge world really do make some of the most amazingly detailed models which it is a pleasure to work with even if on occassion I definitely feel I am not skilled enough to do them justice.





 So just a few shots of some of the pieces of the model but hopefully it gives an idea of the beauty of the model and the intentions I have for the painting of the model, This will definitely serve as an excellent centrepiece for the army until such a time as the Thanatar is completed which will completely over shadow this guy. Eventually my plan is to complete the baic mechanicum army list and then expand them with one of the new Imperial Knight Warden's because they look awesome and you have to love something with a power fist that big but I am convinced this guy is always going to have to special place in my heart, you cannot help but feel for a guy with that many tendrils and arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment