Friday 8 April 2016

Triaros - completed

So following on from yesterday's post I have now completed the triaros and I am quite happy with it.
I have rediscovered how to get my camera to do super macro shots so I have been able to get some reasonable close up shots of the paint job.




 Here you can see the flare shield generators, I opted to give them a blue coloring to make them really pop from the rest of the vehicle, not sure the effect is perfect but if I change my mind it will be quite easy to repaint them since they are quite prominent on the model.
 So that's the close up shots, here are a couple of broader views

 Here I have put in a iron warrior which I happened to have to hand for scale purposes, this really is an intimidating vehicle and one of the few transports I actually feel looks like it has the capacity to transport the models the rules state it can, I can see 20 tech thralls crammed in to this thing with ease.
 Since I got the super macro working again I figured i should include a couple of close up and detailed shots of the iron warrior siege breaker to give a better idea of the color scheme than what the previous posts may have shown.

Really glad to have gotten this transport completed, it took a bit longer than I expected but I really need to get some of the more complex models finalised for the upcoming apocalypse game and things like the triaros are not ones that really work with a partial bodge job paint scheme.
I am now up to having 172 of the 340 models in my heresy era collection completed and ready for the apocalypse battle, while that is nowhere near enough really I have actually got 37 more already under way (with the krios venator and the thanatar being the next targets for completion) and after that I have another 33 assembled and ready to get to work on which brings my effective total to 242 which is a lot more like where I should be.
The vast majority of what needs to be done is also infantry which is comparatively easy to get sorted compared to the complexity of things like the triaros, the fire raptor or the like.

So in progress and hopefully going to be ready for posting in the not too distant future I have....
Thanatar
Archmagos reductor
Krios Venator
2 dominator class battle automata
4 castellax class battle automata
Mars pattern bombard
Sicaran
Whirlwind scorpius
Damocles command rhino
Basilisk
Medusa
5 tyrant siege terminators
6 iron havocs
3 tactical support marines
8 tactical marines
Chaplain
20 tech thralls
Fire raptor pending repairs
Sevatar pending additional work on his existing paint job
Terror squad champion pending repairs to his chainglaive
2 contemptor mortis dreadnoughts
Perturabo
Praetor on jetbike
3 command squad on jetbikes
Firestorm redoubt
Promethium pipe relay network

And on top of this when I get the chance I really need to be continuing to make progress on the Reaver battle titan so lots to be working on for the time being.  So hopefully more updates will be imminent as I continue to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment