Friday 1 April 2016

Iron within! Iron without

So while I have not created that many posts of late it is not that I have not been modelling - well not totally.
I have been managing to burn myself out a little on painting mechanicum while trying to burn through a block of 20 tech thralls at once which is not a good idea so to take a break from that I started working on the first of the iron warriors but then I came down with a cold/flu which took me out of action for a couple of weeks but now I am back and I am enjoying a couple of weeks of work so I am hopeful that my progress will be improving. With that in mind here is some pictures of the initial batch of models I have completed.

First off is a siege breaker, this will be the standard HQ for the iron warriors as I feel he suits them perfectly.


This is the terminator armoured character from the battle at calth boxed and the model was wonderful to paint, the pictures do not show it perfectly but the armour plates are not black, they are a dirty metallic dark grey while will hopefully come through some what better on the rest of the models i am going to show.

Supporting him on the battlefield we next have a unit of tyrant siege terminators which honestly are an insanely potent unit for the iron warriors, these are the terminators from the battle at calth boxed set with some missile launchers from Anvil industries added on and I think they work brilliantly.


These models again took a fair amount of time to paint as they have a lot of detail needing to be picked out in gold and the vallejo old gold I am using for them tends to get gloopy pretty quickly requiring regular brush cleaning and bottle shaking but the effects I think are well worth it.

next we have the core of my first tactical support with chaplain support

 These guys should form a solid base for the army, resilient and reliable above and beyond anything that even the iron warriors manage to field

Finally some support troops, three tactical support marines with meltaguns and the core of two iron havoc squads - these units will be expanded as I assemble and paint more models from the two additoonal battle at calth boxed sets I purchased to give me a massive core to the iron warrior force.



Love the classic missile launchers, they have that old school rogue trader look and were fun to paint to say the least, looking forward to completing unit especially when used as iron havocs with flakk missiles, tank hunters and deadly aim - these guys should prove to be the bane of flyers everywhere, well at least that's the hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment