Monday 31 August 2015

Knight/Triaros stage one





So I have started working on the knight and Triaros and as stated in the last post I am aiming to bring in a series posts which will be showing the process for painting the new mechanicum paint scheme. I will say ahead of time this paint scheme is nothing I have created myself, this is something I have pulled off from the Imperial armour modelling masterclass volume two which was utilised in the painting of the greater brass scorpion.
At the moment both models are in a pretty early stage but I think this is a good starting point.


So at this stage all I have done is prime the pieces in black via my airbrush, I have then given the edges a prime in vallejo model air bright bronze and then followed that up on the main armour sections with a coat of vallejo model air chainmail silver.

Next stage will be to do the same bronze and silver coats on the triaros which I have only just finished on the priming of, it is a rather large and solid model. 
The Triaros has been partially assembled with J B Weld which so far seems to be creating a really nice durable bond between the resin pieces.

Now I only have to deal with the slight problem that during a recent game when I brought out the triaros my opponent commented that the front it resembled doctor Zoidberg from Futurama due to the 'tentacles' on the front of it. Not the most flattering comment about a model which I really like, guess I have to focus on giving it a paint job to remove that association (although it may already to be late for that).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment