Saturday 8 August 2015

I am back


So I know I have not been updating for a while, this is not because I have lost my passion for the game or anything like that, it is rather that I took a bit of a break from painting after all of the stresses of getting the apocalypse force together and after that was over I have been working on an addition for my mechanicum force which is taking a lot more painting than normal and I have only recently got in to a condition which I feel it is good enough to show.

The model in question is the Krios Venator, I grabbed this at warhammer world during the apocalypse battle as I felt that the mechanicum really needed the addition of a dedicated anti-tank weapon. 

For the paint scheme I had to get a new airbrush with variable pressure since my old one lacked that and would not have been able to pull off anything like I have been achieving recently. I also had to do a fair amount of research on painting techniques that I wanted to employ on this tank

One of the main items I obtained for researching this paint scheme is Imperial Armour modelling masterclass volume two, I cannot recommend this tome enough, the techniques contained within are amazing and I am employing the majority of the painting techniques used for the greater brass scorpion to try and create a rich and glossy red colour which is the core of the new colour scheme.

Building up the colour has taken quite a lot of time not in the least because I am still not that used to airbrushing at the pressure levels involved and I really did not want to mess it up. I think I have avoided that and while not complete I think the Krios is definitely starting to look very evocative. See what you think....

 



The only downside of this painting scheme looking like it is going to come off is that I am going to have to repaint all of the existing mechanicum models to match up, I do not mind this too much as I think the end product of a entire army being painted in this fashion will be pretty awesome looking on the battlefield.
My start on the repainting is going to take a little time, before I get on to that I have to complete this tank, then I have a Triaros to work on along with an Imperial knight warden which is going to be done up in the same style and I hope will look amazing when it is complete. After that I will be redo-ing the Thanatar and the castellax before working on myrmidon destructors, esepcially since I have picked up 6 more of them to make three units of three with out having to worry about mismatching weapons or proxying for the preferred weapon set up (irradiation engines and volkite culverins being my preference)

I am also going to be rebasing the mechanicum, with the darker and richer red colour scheme the martian ironearth on the bases simply is not going to work so in the same vein as the night lords I am going to be making use of secret weapon miniatures and getting some new bases, these ones will be urban rubble as I feel it is most appropriate that the mechanicum would be battling in the most highly populated areas but would not care about collatoral damage if their prize is intact so buildings will be levelled before the tread of their implacable war machines.
More updates will be coming as I continue to push this tank on to completion and I will also show reasonable frequent updates on the progress of the knight which will hopefully add as a painting guide for this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment