Tuesday 23 December 2014

Outrider number 1

So with Curze sitting in my to do pile I have been motivated to get my arse in gear and actually get some more models sorted out. The first batch of these are the outriders.
I have now more or less completed the first one and I have the remaining two well under way and hope to have the whole squad completed before the new year.
Here are some pictures of the first biker...





For some reason my camera seemed to thinking there was enough lighting around to not need the flash, not sure I one hundred percent agree but I think the pictures are bright enough to convey the important aspects of the model.
As you can see I have gone for something of a more dynamic pose for this guy, I just felt the models leaned towards something like that too much for me to not follow up on it.
Unlike the jet bikes I have added lightning to this guy and I tried a somewhat new method I had read about on the web and I have to admit I think it worked pretty darn well creating something of a more fine and natural effect for the most part.
The highlighting on the model was a bit harsh, I used a too bright contrasting colour which looks a bit off, I won't be using this on the remaining two outriders that's for sure.

As you may have guessed there is a pin through the base and in to the rear wheel to give the model sufficient stability, it worked really well and I am now considering using something vaguely similar on the second assault marine unit to create the image of them being in flight - I can then mix the models from the two assault marine squads to try and create as dynamic a feel for both units as possible and make them look a bit more impactful on the battlefield.

Typically with the release of Curze as well as forge world producing a rules update for the heresy armies in to 7th edition I have looked again at the terror assault rite of war, +1 initiative and +1" run move during night fighting is actually tempting since it would give my marines the edge over other marine forces and that then led me to redesigning my 2000 point army to the extent that I do not in theory need the outriders any more for it but that's the way it goes - at least I will have some more great looking models to pull out on occassion.
I will still get to use them, my standard dark eldar opponent is keen to stage a battle where I can use my whole planned night lord force and he can bring all of the dark eldar he has - this will come in at something like 4500 points and should be truly epic. On top of that late spring or early summer my group is muttering about heading down to warhammer world - it is something of a landmark birthday for me in 2015 and the suggestion I have made is for us to stage a massive apocalypse game on one of the warhammer world themed boards. I will of course be taking my camera to capture the awesomeness of that event and a battle report (of some kind) will come along as well.

I feel for that epic apocalypse battle it is safe to say that Konrad Curze will be my sides overall warlord, I cannot see anyone being able to argue the point with him or if they do I cannot see him letting them live for doing so. This may only change if somehow one of my gaming group gets in to heresy era armies and gets a primarch of their own and ends on my side and that is minimally likely especially since the other marine players are blood angels and space wolves who really are not likely to appear in a forge world heresy book any time soon let alone have models released.

No comments:

Post a Comment