Thursday 14 August 2014

Some progress

Well it has been a while since my last post and I have not made as much progress as I should have done but I can share what I have achieved so far on the fire raptor.

 These first two are of the gun pods from the flank of the fire raptor, I made a point of working on them first since they need to be completely painted prior to insertion and they require a minimal amount of airbrushing. I think they have turned out OK.

 Now here we have a decent view of the flight stand, I have modelled it in line with the bases I did for the contemptors and the ones I have done for some of the infantry models and I think it has turned out alright, the only issue is that I may have stacked the features a bit too much and as such it will be awkward to fit in to the KR multicase tray I have purchased for transporting the fire raptor.
 Finally we have a quick view of the secret weapon 2mm brass etching lettering I have picked up, the intention is to add the name of the fire raptor on to one side using this while the other will have the iconic Night Lord phrase of 'Ave Dominus Nox'. I feel that this will add a bit more uniqueness to the model and will look a hell of a lot better than any attempt by me to free hand up some script.

I am aiming to really push on with the fire raptor in the next couple of weeks, I have plenty more models to work on once it is complete including 20 assault marines and 3 outriders as well as the riders for the jetbikes and I really want to get more of the army complete and ready to deploy on to the tabletop.


No comments:

Post a Comment