Tuesday 7 January 2014

Night Lords Drop Pod

Well I now have the tools to take some reasonable pictures of the models I have painted up. The first one is the drop pod I have completed. Please bear with me as this is my first attempt to upload pictures and make good use of the light box and camera I have.

 This first picture shows the exterior color scheme including the lightning pattern as well as the impact of some of the weathering powders I have used. I have to admit that I think there is too much silver on the model and future drop pods will have a darker tone.
 Simple view of the interior painting, I did not do as much work as I would have liked to on the interior but I was so keen to get the whole model complete I rushed it a little. The next drop pod will have more attention paid to the interior detail.
This final shot gives a bit clearer view of the whole model with all of the ramps extended, I have also turned the model somewhat to give a view of the painting on some of the other upright struts.

So that's the first drop pod, not really worthy of naming I guess. I did toy with writting some iconic Night Lords saying on the outside such as "Ave Dominus Nox" but I decided to save that kind of touch for more significant models such as any storm eagle that I eventually add to the force.

My hopes are that when this is deployed with a whole terror squad surrounding it the effect will be visually impressive and possibly even a little intimidating, what else can you aim for with the Night Lords?

1 comment: