Thursday 3 September 2015

Mechanicum Knight - early view

So after applying the fifth layer of clear red I did a partial assembly of the knight and took some photo's which I thought I should share.
Still need to apply more coats of clear red and then do an dark oil paint layer to add dark edging to the armour plates before working on all of the trim, decals, detail work and the like so the knight is still a fair way from completion but I should be taking him along in this relatively early stage to a battle this weekend where my mechanicum will be allying with some blood angels against an Ork host featuring a stompa which could be something of an epic showdown.








For the weekend battle I will be making use of blu-tack to attach all of the armour plates to allow me to get a better idea of what the complete model will look like, but as it stands I think this guy is starting to look pretty intimidating and the gloosy red armour plates are working quite well at the moment. 
When I have been able to darken them up and clean up the trim the contrast will be a lot stronger and some decals and weathering effects should break up the two tone look of the model but for the time being I feel there is definitely potential there and that I am going in the right direction with him.

As you can see this is the knight warden variant which while technically not part of the mechanicum 30k list is the variant I love for the gatling cannon power fist combo which I feel is awesome, the 12 shot cannon offers enough firepower to worry all opponents and the thunderstrike gauntlet simply is cool and I cannot wait for the chance to pick up an enemy tank and throw it across the battle field - I know it is not the most powerful build but if has weapons which I really like which is the most important aspect.
I am assembling this model with a number of magnets to allow the shoulder pads and the gauntlet to be removed, since the shoulder pads come off the arm assemblies can also be detached which means eventually I can look to getting all of the other weapon options set up for him as well as making transportation a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment