Monday 23 June 2014

Fire Raptor - components

So I have been working on preparing the fire raptor for base coating and there is still a ways to go but I wanted to get some pictures up of the components out there to help everyone appreciate how good this model is. It is going to take some time to get to completion but at the end of the day I am not really in a massive rush to get it done, much better to take my time and try to get it right.





These aee not all of the components but the majority of the large pieces, as you can see the large portion of the pieces are resin rather than plastic including three of the four main fusilage pieces.

I am aiming to get the cleaning done in the next couple of days and then I can get a small amount of adjustments made to the resin pieces which need it, the only real adjustment required is one of the side fusilage pieces needs bending fractionally to get a tight fit to the rest of the fusilage.
There is a good chance that I will prime the first pieces over the weekend and then I will start to base coat. At the same time I have dug out some old movement trays from my fantasy armies which I am using as nice flat surfaces to test different ideas for getting the lightning effects right, what I have been doing previously is not bad but I am sure I can do something better and I have some ideas of how to achieve that but I want to try out some of the different options on something less critical than the fire raptor.

So keep tuned there will be more pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment