Monday 24 February 2014

Revised Army List

So as mentioned at the end of the battle report my base line 2000 point army list has been adjusted based on what my gaming group garnered as experience from the battle.
It was felt the Praetor was an extremely powerful option even though he was taken out very early, his mobility and threat was something lacking from the rest of the force so it was felt he needed some support.
This is therefore what we came up with....

HQ - Praetor -  jet bike, thunder hammer, boarding shield, trophies of judgement
         Command Squad - standard bearer - jet bike, combat shield, chainglaive
                                        2 x chosen - jet bike, combat shield, chainglaive

Elite - Contemptor-Mortis dreadnought - two Kheres pattern assault cannon

Elite - Contemptor-Mortis dreadnought - two twin-linked lascannon

Troop - Terror squad (10 men) - 10 x volkite charger, artificer armour, chainglaive, drop pod
Troop - Terror squad (10 men) - 10 x volkite charger, artificer armour, chainglaive, drop pod
Troop - Terror squad (10 men) - 10 x boltgun, artificer armour, chainglaive, outflanking

Fast Attack - Night Raptors (7 men) - 1 x meltagun, artificer armour, chainglaive

Heavy Support - Deathstorm drop pod - krak missile launchers

So the army dropped the flamestorm dreadnought in favour of the command squad, it also dropped the volkite chargers from the last terror squad to save points, this also serves another purpose in that the outflanking unit is more likely to be further away from the enemy so the slightly longer range of the boltgun compared to the volkite charger makes some sense.

The Praetor and his command squad are going to be quite the conversion and painting challenge but if I can pull them off i will have something really potent to serve as the centerpiece of the army, well at least until Curze is released and then I will have to get him for the centerpiece, he might never get used but I will not be able to turn down the Primarch of the legion especially with the amazing quality of the Primarchs already released by Forge World, they have set the bar very high and I am anticipating something amazing for Curze.

I will be able to test this new army build reasonably soon, I have a game arranged with one of my group for Wednesday in which this list will be facing off against Tyranids, now i know their codex is not the most powerful but they are going to be commanded by a good player and I am worried about the monstrous creatures simply because they can opt to smash to get rid of the dreadnoughts and cause instant death on the jet bikers. I have the firepower to cause them issues and I think the assault cannon dreadnought is going to be the focal point in the battle, if he stays active for a while and is able to dish out some punishment then I feel I will have a good chance. If it is dropped to early shooting or gets tied up in a fight with some of the chaff in the Tyranid army then I am sure I will have issues.
Main thing is going to be remaining focused on removing the synapse creatures, I have seen from a previous battle using this codex that when the synapse has been taken out the Nid horde simply seems to fade away.

Battle report will be going up for that fight later this week along with the pictures of the second drop pod, I am aiming to have this drop pod complete for the battle but I doubt I will have time to get the pictures sorted out prior to the battle. Once that is done it will be on to the deathstorm, I am already doing some work on it magnetisingthe missile pods in to place, I feel it is going to be essential to be able to remove them when it suffers weapon destroyed results just to be able to track where it can and cannot fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment