Saturday 1 February 2014

Complete Cataphractii

Well I have finally gotten round to completing the painting of the terminators and I am extremely happy with the results.
While not going to be an immediate addition to the force I am planning to bring the terminators in as part of the first expansion beyond the initial plan. So here is the Sergeant of the unit along with some pictures of the whole unit standing in front of the drop pod.

 
 
 
 



Next up on the list is the second drop pod, I have also received my deathstorm drop pod which I am going to do my best to resist working on until such a time as I have completed the normal drop pod. This is one of the occasions where my resolve to paint my models in the order of purchase as much as possible.
Looking forward to getting the drop pods sorted out, these are one of those things we simply do not have too many of in our gaming group so until I have them it will be extremely difficult to proxy field my army and get some real testing in. Since the guys in my group have been testing for comparative play and I have been able to witness things like the demon flying circus in action I am not sure how effective this army is going to be - I think it will be suitable for social play but it is certainly not a tournament list, not even close to it but a competitive list is only part of the reason for collecting and painting this force, the main reason is a simple desire to have a good looking evocative force which is really distinct in its style and atmosphere which I feel i am on route to achieving.

Additional naming and background details will be forthcoming, I am not going to name every marine in the force but the terminators are significant enough to deserve names. I will also name and detail the praetor, the dreadnoughts and the sergeants of the other units.

No comments:

Post a Comment