Monday 28 December 2015

I am still here

Sorry for not posting for a while, been rather busy with personal matters but with Christmas out of the way I am now back and intending to make some progress with my collected armies.
I am currently in discussion with my gaming group about staging anothing warhammer world apocalypse battle in a few months and I am trying to sort out my plans for what I need to prioritise in terms of assembly and painting in order to have the best possible force for the battle.

I am going to be centering the force on the mechanicum, while I love the night lords I feel the mechanicum is the more rounded army and better suited to facing off against my standard 40k opposition.
I have been making some purchases in the last couple of months towards rounding out my forces, i have picked up a copy of the battle at calth boxed set which is a really impressive collection of models for the money and when I get round to it will serve as the basis of the Iron Warrior contingent I am planning to sort out. I have also purchased the following additions to the mechanicum army...
1 x magos dominus
4 x box of skitarii to serve as tech thralls (to give another 2 units of 20 models)
2 x thallax with multi-melta
2 x mars-colossus bombard

I am going to be building up the mechanicum in to three core components, the ordo reductor is what I am working on at the moment since the artillery it brings is an awesome addition to the army and it will allow me to sort out and repaint my medusa and basilisk as well for a massive surge in ranged firepower. The thallax were purchased with that in mind as they are the required troops for that force. I am then planning to have a legio cybernetica aspect featuring the castellax, thanatar and then some Vorax along with some tech thralls and tech priest auxilia.
The final aspect will be the core taghmata omnissiah force which will be continuing to be based around the tech thralls boosted to be as durable as possible.

While I have not achieved much in the way of painting I have managed to get some miniature assembly completed as shown in the pictures below.






So there is the mighty Perturabo as my second primarch and one who adds a very potent option to my force in terms of changed play style, 1st turn ability to roll for reserves is massive and the firepower he offers from his wrist cannon and orbital bombardment is very useful. I will be adding some tyrant siege terminators and a damocles command rhino to the iron warriors army to maximise the potential for the turn one precision alpha strike which should in theory compliment the resilient firebase offered by the mechanicum.
The Bombard is a wonderful model, one I have wanted for some time and one which was really nice and easy to put together, I feel in the metallic red candy coat that I have been using for the rest of the mechanicum force will look awesome on them.

So with that I will close out this entry but I aim to be posting again soon with some more progress, I am currently working on the first unit of tech priest auxilia, this one will be a reductor unit so they have tank hunters and they will be armed with five multi-meltas on the servo automata, the addition of the heavy firepower is always useful in balancing out the numbers of tech thralls. I am also working on the myrmidon destructors in order to bring them towards two complete units of three of them with volkite culverins and anoter three with irradiation engines. The ones officially armed with conversion beamers will be converted in to having graviton imploders, I also have another pack of myrmidons destructors to bring each unit up to four strong - these are possibly the most effective units within the mechanicum army and maximising their effectiveness will make the army as brutal as possible.

See you all soon for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment