Sunday 14 June 2015

back from warhammer world

As I believe I mentioned in a previous post some friends of mine and I had been planning to head up to warhammer world for an apocalypse battle for some time which had spawned my increased rate of painting. I am happy to say I managed to complete the final models the day before we left and I was able to field my entire planned force with the only real issues being some repair works when I unpacked units.

I will not go in to too much detail now, a number of posts will be coming in the coming week or so to cover an overview of the 3k battle which was staged on the Friday and then the apocalypse battle which was staged on the Saturday and Sunday and then there will be a couple of posts where I will be forced to gush about the exhabition zones GW have set up, it was something I really wanted to check out since I had heard amazing things about it but nothing prepared me for what I saw there.

I am definitely well and truly inspired for the future, I picked up some more expansions for the mechanicum as I feel the night lords are pretty much there as it stands and I want to bring the mechanicum up to a more suitable level for use as a solo force especially since they were able to show themselves to be really rather effective over the weekend and gained a number of extremely positive comments from the gaming group in what were our first in game experiences with the army - the myrmidon destructors with irradiation engines especially were savage and will, I think, be given a healthy level of respect and massed firepower the next time they take to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment