Sunday 12 April 2015

Forging Alliances

I may not have posted for a while but I have been working on more models. The main thing though is now that I am adding some allies to the Night Lords with the intention of them expanding gradually in to a army in their own right.
I have opted for a Mechanicum force since I have been in love with the forge world models for this army since they started releasing them and there is a steady stream of new wonders emerging from the moulds of forge world which make me drool - on top of that the Mechanicum look to have a ton of firepower to cover the holes in the night lords force, they have the cheap infantry which the night lords are really missing and with the new Praevian consul option I am able to include some of these models straight in to the army without having to worry about ally formations or anything like that.

I originally planned to get the tech thralls from forge world but then GW went and started releasing Skitarii models and I have to say this is one of the few occassions that I feel GW have outdone forge world, the Skitarii Vanguards/Rangers in my opinion are perfect for use as tech thralls and have the benefit of being somewhat cheaper as well so I have grabbed a couple of boxes and gotten to work.




So here are the first pictures of the first few tech thralls for my army, I am intending to eventually get additional models for the army to allow me to field them as either 30k mechanicum forces or as 40k skitarii giving me more of a crossover and better flexibility in what I opt to field against my regular opposition.

Once I have these done I then have some more new toys to be working on, I picked up an Archmagos, 2 castellax with darkfire cannons, 3 thallax (one with a photon thruster), 3 myrmidon destroyers and a Thanatar seige automata which when they are combined with 40 tech thralls will give me an excellent starter mechanicum army or some very useful allies for the Night Lords.

A lot more to be coming in the next few weeks not in the least as I am working hard to get my army completed for the apocalypse battle my gaming group is staging in June, i have something in the region of 75 models to get sorted out in under 70 days so if I even get close there will be a lot of updates to cover all of these expansions to my army.

No comments:

Post a Comment